Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Jellyfish in Color - A Soothing Experience

They have no eyes, no visible mouth, nothing that we would pick out as being animal like, at least not when compared to something like a dog or cat. Just clear, pulsating disk in water. There is something about jellyfish that I love, and this is probably starting to be a theme in my posts, but I do mean it.

I would like to own a decent jellyfish tank one day, but it may be a couple years before that is a possibility. These are not yet the cheapest pet on the market. I have also become fascinated with these sea angel (Clione). The tanks for them are a bit outrageous in price right now.

I am assuming that these are the standard moon jellies (Aurelia aurita), as this is the species most commonly kept.





This concludes the visit to the Sea Life Aquarium! On the way out was this huge giraffe made initially of Lego. There was a Lego exhibit built in the mall that the aquarium was in, and so this was by the entrance I went in.


All images taken with a Nikon D3200 at Sea Life Aquarium

No comments:

Post a Comment